— William H. Webster, former FBI Director
- In 2019 alone, US victims of home invasion/burglary offenses suffered estimated personal property losses of $2.9 billion.
- The average value of property taken during burglaries is about $2,600.
- There are 2.5 million burglaries annually in the United States. (FBI)
- A break-in occurs every 25.7 seconds in the US, 3,300 per day. (FBI)
- Break ins are 6% more likely to occur during the day between 6am and 6pm while people are at work or running errands (Alarms.org)
- The average home invasion lasts between 8 to 10 minutes. (Science Daily)
- 83%of would-be burglars check for the presence of an alarm system before attempting a break-in. (FBI)
- 17.2% of people do not lock their front doors while at their home, despite the front door being the access point for 34% of burglars. (The Zebra)
- 65% of burglars are already well-acquainted with the people they rob. (Policy Advice)
- One out of every three house burglary victims is a repeat victim. (Reolink)
California Metro Patrol high recommends protecting your home with a home security system. We partner with San Marino Security Systems, a first-class security company that provides superior security systems. After installation, our officers monitor the systems alarms and are able to respond more quickly than local law enforcement.
Home security systems and their costs vary depending on your home, property, number of entry/exits, windows, and more. It also depends on how simple or layered you need your system to be. Despite the affordability and DIY of home security technology only 17% of US citizens have security systems in their homes. (Deep Sentinel)
- Deterrence: The visual presence of a home security system alone can make burglars seek out another target. Keeping at least one camera visible is often enough.
- Sound the Alarm: The alarm sound of your security system could prevent a burglary from entering your home further. Alarms decrease the time burglars have to find and steal anything.
- Video Evidence: Surveillance cameras with a video function gives you footage to share with local authorities to help find the culprit.
Let CMP Mitigate Any Loss Before It Happens
A home security system gives you peace of mind and decreases the chance of your home falling victim to a burglar. We base our security service on a Layered Security approach so criminals avoid your home rather than risk entering one that’s well-protected.
Give us a call at 888-788-0813 or click here to request a no-obligation quote today. We look forward to working with you to assess your property and customize a security systems to fit your needs.
What is Burglary Versus Home Invasion?
Burglary is a very specific property crime. Burglary occurs when a person unlawfully enters a structure with the intent to commit a separate felony or theft. A felony includes crimes such as murder, robbery, rape, assault, or sometimes credit card fraud. Burglary is often referred to as “breaking and entering” although there is no requirement to physically break anything upon entry. Burglary can occur in any structure, including a business, or even an airplane. Home invasion is the act of breaking into an occupied residence.